Directions to Campus
Because of the size and congestion of New York City, most of New Yorkers get around the city via the vast network of public transportation run by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of New York.
Subways and buses cover all of Manhattan and the surrounding boroughs. Metro-North, Long Island Railroad, and Amtrak have trains connecting Manhattan to the tri-state area and beyond through Grand Central Terminal and Penn Station.
Closest Subway Stops
|6||33rd St. - Park Ave. South|
|ACE||34th St. - Penn Station, 8th Ave.|
|123||34th St. - Penn Station, 7th Ave.|
|NRQW||34th St. - Herald Sq., Ave. of the Americas (6th Ave.)|
|BDFV||34th St. - Herald Sq., Ave. of the Americas (6th Ave.)|
One of New York City's great assets is its walkability. Much of Manhattan is laid out like a grid — uptown/downtown streets intersect with crosstown streets, making it easy to navigate. Streets ascend in number as they run north. For example: If you're at 14th Street and your destination is 50th Street, you'll be going uptown (to get to midtown).
Also, don't forget the famous New York City taxicabs are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Getting Around NYC
- UBER - Get a taxi, private car or rideshare from your mobile phone. The Uber app connects you with a driver in minutes. Download the app.
- LyFT - Get a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one. Request a ride with the tap of a button, and get picked up by a reliable community driver within minutes. Download the app.
- nycgo - Get detailed information and tips on getting around NYC by foot, by subway, by bus, etc. Visit the website.
- MTA - The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is the source for route and schedule information for subways and buses throughout the five boroughs. Visit the website or call 718-330-1234.
- Taxi and Limousine Commission - All taxi services are regulated by the Taxi and Limousine Commission. Their 24-hour hotline is 212-NYC-TAXI (212-692-8294). To find passenger information and frequently asked questions, visit the website.
- The Port Authority - For information on getting to/from an airport, go to the "Commuting and Traveling" section of the website, then select the airport from which you will be arriving/departing. Visit the website.