New York & Los Angeles - Fall 2021 Campus Update
last updated 7/22/21
The Academy plans to resume all on-campus operations and instruction in New York and Los Angeles for the Fall 2021 semester, including on-campus housing.
All students will be required to be fully vaccinated before arriving on campus this fall. As we return to campus and in-person instruction, vaccinations will be a vital tool to ensure the continued health and well-being of our community. Achieving “community immunity,” which refers to a population with rates of vaccination high enough to effectively protect against spread of infection, will be critical to mitigating risk and supporting normal campus operations. Only students who have been fully vaccinated and provide the required proof will be permitted to enter campus, participate in classes, and move into student housing (if applicable).
The Academy will accept all World Health Organization (WHO)-recommended (including Emergency Use Listing) vaccines. For an up-to-date listing of these vaccines, which include the three Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-recommended vaccines currently available in the United States, please visit: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/covid-19-vaccines/advice.
As defined by the CDC, “fully vaccinated” means the individual has received the full course of inoculation for the particular vaccine administered and two weeks has passed after the final dose. Proof of Vaccination will be required before arrival to The Academy, as detailed in recent communications to returning and incoming students. Fall 2021 students with questions about these requirements or preparation for the start of the Fall Term should contact their respective campus.
New York & Los Angeles - Summer Campus Plans
Last Updated - May 11, 2021
Summer Program 2021
The Academy's Two-Week and Five-Week Summer Programs are being offered this July and August in person at the New York campus. Additionally, residential housing is available to on-campus program participants on a limited, first-come, first-serve basis.
Announcing New On-Campus Offerings for Summer Program 2021
In addition to our online courses for Summer 2021, The Academy will also be offering in-person programs and residential housing on its New York Campus. Please note that all students participating in on-campus classes will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of their program.
If you have questions or are interested in more details in the interim, please feel free to contact our Summer Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARES Act: Emergency Financial Aid Grant Information
Last Updated 5/12/21
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students and the student funds from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts has received $533,812 from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts has already distributed $533,812 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 as of 3/16/21.
- 499 students at The American Academy of Dramatic Arts were eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 as of 3/16/21.
- 329 students submitted an application and received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 as of 3/16/21.
- All students who submitted an application with a need under the guidelines of the grant were approved to receive an Emergency Financial Aid Grant.
- All eligible students were provided instructions and guidance by email and phone by The American Academy of Dramatic Arts concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.